Tips to Increase NanoClear® Durability & Lifetime
NanoClear®, is very chemical and abrasion resistant, but coarse under wipe papers designed for uncoated stencils can scratch the coating of the foil over an extended period of time.
- Softer papers are more effective at cleaning tencils and preserving the thin coating. Examples of less abrasive papers include the DEK ECO roll, Hyperclean® P4200, or MicroCare® MicroWipe™
- Extending the frequency of under wiping helps limit the abrasion, and is a benefit that NanoClear affords its users.
- Solvent wipe provides lubrication to decrease the abrasion of the wiper textile.
- Higher wiper pressures will increase the abrasion of the wiper textile
- pH neutral, or pH<9 solvents will not attack most nanocoatings. Solvents with pH>9 will attack both wipe-on and spray-on coatings.
- Any signs of wear will first be visible at the end of the under wipe stroke, where flux gets left behind on the stencil.
Follow us on LinkedIn to stay up to date on all the most recent NanoClear developments at Aculon including: technology updates, cleaning & treatment tips, case studies, troubleshooting tips, and application ideas.