NanoClear® Test Pens
Aculon® NanoClear® Test Pen technology enables a simple and effective test for the proper application of Aculon® NanoClear® stencil treatment.
Now available direct from Aculon®!
Aculon® NanoClear® Test Pen Benefits
- Confirm effective application & continued presence of Aculon® NanoClear® Stencil Treatment
- No capital equipment
- Easy to apply
- No training required
- Fast and effective results
The NanoClear® Test Pen is compatible with the following substrates:
- Stainless Steel
- and most other metals!
Test Pen Instructions
Important points for reliable Results:
- Do not touch or contaminate surface prior to testing. Contaminated surfaces will not give accurate results.
- Discard contaminated test pens.
- Use a “Fresh” test pen. NanoClear® Test pens are good for 6 months from production.
- Never re-test the same location. Move along the sample or test a new area.
- Store Aculon® NanoClear® Test Pens at room temperature.
How to use Aculon® NanoClear® Test Pen:
- Place stencil on clean level surface. Ensure stencil is at room temperature.
- Draw test pen across stencil surface to be tested. Make three passes, each 6-12 cm in length, evaluating the third pass only. See below for how to interpret results.
- Clean the test area with IPA or DI water and a clean room wipe prior to using stencil.
Aculon® NanoClear® Surface
If the third ink swath beads up, tears apart, or shrinks into a thin line then this surface has the Aculon® NanoClear® fluxophobic coating on the surface.
If the third ink swath remains wetted out (a solid line appears) on the test sample for three seconds or more then this surface does not have the Aculon® NanoClear® fluxophobic coating on the surface. Apply NanoClear® Fluxophobic stencil treatment