Polymer Hydrophobic & Oleophobic Coatings
Hydrophobic Polymer Coating
Plastics can be among the most challenging surfaces to modify the performance of with nanoscale treatments, as most all competitive technologies simply cannot form permanent bonds with the largely inert surfaces that plastics provide for bonding.
Aculon's patented Transition Metal Complex (TMC) coatings, however, are chemically engineered to form extremely uniform nanoscale films that interact with the polymer surface resulting in a highly repellent surface which repels both water and oil.
This non-toxic surface treatment can be applied by anyone in very little time and in a number of different ways to produce lasting, highly uniform, hydrophobic water repelling barriers that water molecules simply cannot connect to, leaving it to bead and slide off the surface without any residue or leftover moisture.
There is simply no other product on the market today that can provide the same cost-effective performance of Aculon's Hydrophobic Polymer Coatings and treatments.
This unique, hydrophobic nanotechnology is inexpensive and doesn’t need any form of capital investment in complex machinery to transform a plastic surface into a permanent, non-toxic barrier with the following properties:
- Applicable in numerous industries and countless applications.
- Water repellent.
- Dirt and grime repellent.
- Oil repellent.
Oleophobic Polymer Treatment
Plastics can be particularly vulnerable to petrochemical agents, which often penetrate and subsequently dissolve, stain, or change the properties of polymer based materials. Aculon's oleophobic treatment works in a similar fashion to the hydrophobic polymer coating, but with a specially developed molecular structure that blocks oil based products and solvents from penetrating and damaging the polymer chains beneath its tightly bonded, protective nanoscale oleophobic layer.
There are countless applications utilizing plastic that will see performance gains with a modified oleophobic surface. Aculon can treat your parts to be highly oleophobic for you to evaluate.
- Nanoscale: 2-4 nm Thick Treatments
- No or Minimal Capital Equipment
- Easy to Apply
- Easy Scale Up
- Flexible Application Methods
- Treat Sensitive Parts
- Consumer Applied Technologies
- OEM Applied Technologies
- Durable Treatments
- Functionalize Nanoparticles
- Increase Hydrophobocity
- Increase Oleophobicity
- Treat Metals and Metal Oxides
- Treat Glass Oxides and Polymers
Untreated polymer (left) vs. treated polymer(right) with Sharpie pen
Untreated polymer (left) vs. treated polymer (right) in oil
Compatible Polymer Substrates
Aculon's hydrophobic and oleophobic repellency treatments for polymer include:
- Nylon Hydrophobic/Oleophobic Coatings
- Epoxy Hydrophobic/Oleophobic Coatings
- ABS Hydrophobic/Oleophobic Coatings
- Kevlar Hydrophobic/Oleophobic Coatings
- SU8 Hydrophobic/Oleophobic Coatings
- Aramid Hydrophobic/Oleophobic Coatings
- FR4 Hydrophobic/Oleophobic Coatings
- Polysiloxanes Hydrophobic/Oleophobic Coatings
- Polycarbonate Hydrophobic/Oleophobic Coatings
- Polyesters Hydrophobic/Oleophobic Coatings
- Polyamides Hydrophobic/Oleophobic Coatings
- Oxide-Reinforced Polymers Hydrophobic/Oleophobic Coatings
- Bismaleimide Triazine Hydrophobic/Oleophobic Coatings
- And Many More!